Saturday 5 July 2014

Creative Cooking | Chocolate Banana Bread

I recently cleaned out our chest freezer so we could turn it off and save power in our house (thanks to our expensive electricity bill...) and I found 3 frozen brown bananas. 
I vaguely remember putting them in there a month or so a go when I had made so much banana bread we have overdosed on it and we couldn't take it any more.
And I am so glad I did.



Instead of just making the usual banana bread, I decided to put a little chocolate twist in it, cause who doesn't love chocolate right? I am so right. It was amazing. I only added a small amount of chocolate, so the banana taste was still there and the combination was perfect. You will be making this one many times over I am sure, I know I will be! Benn was impressed and requested more once it was gone, now I just need some more brown bananas...

Chocolate Banana Bread


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
  • 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 (heaped) table spoon cocoa 
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
  • 125g butter, melted, cooled
  • 2 eggs, whisked
  • 3 ripe bananas, mashed
Method:  
  1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line the base and side of an 11 x 21cm x 6cm deep (base) loaf pan.
  2. Combine flours, sugar and cocoa in a large bowl. Whisk melted butter, vanilla essence and eggs together. Stir in banana. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth the surface.
  3. Bake for 45-50 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 10 mins before turning out onto a wire rack. Serve warm spread with butter.

    Enjoy!!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment