Sunday 24 November 2013

Sunday Seven.


(source)

I thought I would start some sort of a weekly-update post. "Sunday Seven" is a list of the top things on my mind for the week; whether it is what has been happening, what I am thankful for or what I am looking forward to. It is a weekly post giving you more of a glimpse into our life.

1. This week marked my first week of holidays after finishing my second year of University. As much as I love (really love) studying my degree, I am so keen for this break. I don't know whether it has been the financial stress we have had, or the fact that I studied maths this semester (not my strong point), but I am so done for the year.

2. On Thursday I had a job interview! It was for a full time Child Care Assistant position at a Preschool. I would absolutely love it and am really hoping I get it! Although it would mean a 12 month break from uni, not something I had planned to do, we really need to get on top of our finances. Plus I want to start marking a large contribution to our house savings, otherwise that dream keeps seeming further away.

3. I have started drinking "Green Juice" this week! I have been reading up about the great benefits of drinking this and to keep my motivation up I have made some pre-sliced fruit and veg bags, which I keep in the freezer ready to go. My latest favourite is; a handful of spinach, half a cucumber, half a pear, half an apple, 2 kiwi fruit and 1 cup of water. Yum!

4. If I am unsuccessful with the job, until another comes along, I plan to make my holidays into "12 weeks of DIY Projects. I have already found some great ideas with a few more to add. I will start this Tuesday, once I hear about the job. I will make a post with more detail if it goes a head, but you can find my current ideas on my Pinterest.

5. I don't think I have made a proper post, but Benn has since found another job. He is working at a manufacturing/production company building kitchens and bathrooms. The hours a slightly longer, but the pay is much better and he is alot happier there - which is the main thing!

6. I have really loved hanging out with my babies this week. It has been raining on and off and we have really enjoyed snuggling on the couch watching movies. I love my furry children.

7. I really need to get back into yoga! Hopefully this week I can kick my exercise but into gear and start my morning with Yoga again. I feel much better when I do, but I lack alot of motivation for exercise and it is so much easier to skip it. This week will be different!