Friday 19 September 2014

Creative Cooking | Chocolate Coconut Cookies

Today marks my 2nd day of my two and a half week break from uni (YAY), although with some assignment to do thrown in amongst my time off. I have so much planned for the break, including lots of sleep ins and relaxing! Benn and I want to completely change around our lounge room, study and spare room. Lots of sorting through things, organising (YAY) and de-cluttering to be done. I also want to get a little crafty and paint some canvas's to put up in our bedroom. I will keep you guys posted on how it all goes. I want to aim for a walk 6 days a week too, as I have been slacking lately and I really want to use this break to kick start my love (well, like) or fitness!

But first, COOKIES!! (It totally counteracts getting fit, however I did go for a walk today so I feel slightly less guilty). I haven't been making cookies as much lately, it used to be like once or twice a week! But I have been trying to curb my sugar cravings, so i thought, if I don't make them I can't eat them right? Well kinda. Instead my cravings turned too a whole lot of Milo (out of the tin - don't judge) and sneaky bits of chocolate here and there. So I thought I would make some chocolate cookies, and just limit myself to 2 a day, in the afternoon (okay maybe 3 - I do make them small though ;) ). 

****

Lets just say, if your trying to lose weight, this may not be the best recipe to copy. But if you love chocolate and need your daily sugar hit like me, it would be a great one to copy! Keep in mind that the quantities below are for a double batch. I always make a double as I give a container to the Missionaries as well. I literally made 110 cookies (smallish size). So if you don't want that many, just cut everything by half.


 Chocolate Coconut Cookies

Ingredients
  • 3 cups self-raising flour
  • 2 cups oats
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 2 cups desiccated coconut
  • 3/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 4 eggs
  • 400g butter
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
Method
  1. Combine all dry ingredients together and stir together
  2. Melt butter until liquid
  3. Add butter and stir through
  4. Beat eggs and add to mixture
  5. Add vanilla essence
  6. Stir mixture until ingredients are completely combined
  7. Roll the mixture in your hands to make a small ball (it may be a bit flaky, just squish the mixture together - yes it's messy)
  8. Cover tray with baking paper and add ball, push down slightly to flatten
  9. Cook for 17 minutes at 150 degrees
  10. Remove and allow cookies to set on cooling rack for 5 mins
  11. ENJOY Try not to eat them all at once!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment