Monday 29 September 2014

Tour Through Blogland

I was tagged by the beautiful Betsy to give you guys a glimpse into my world of blogging. I was going to go one step further and show you guys the before and after shots of my freshly arranged house, but I have decided to make that one all on it's own. However, we are still waiting on a bookshelf to complete the house, So stay tuned...


Now I have only just recently moved back into the study, before that I generally blogged from our kitchen table, which you can see on the post where I talk about my writing process. Like Betsy, my study is often a huge mess (so bad in fact that I was forced to work on the dining table for weeks). I may love organising, but I hate cleaning and thats what was needed. But my husband and I finally tackled it last week and I cannot be more happy with the result. I really want to frame pictures and the inspiring quotes on the wall in front of me, but that will all come in time.



What are you working on? 
I am working on getting into a good routine in regards to writing posts. I try to have them written and ready to go days in advance, for the times when I get swamped in my uni studies. I am loving the blog-tember challenge at the moment and I find it's really helped me to get out of a bit of a writing funk I was in, I feel like I have found my "groove" the past few weeks and I'm excited for whats ahead.


How does you work differ from others from its genre?
Well to start with, it's all about myself and my family, so I guess no other blog out there is about just that. To be honest, I don't think any one blog is completely different from another, each one has it's similarities. I like to talk about things happening in my life (I guess that makes me "lifestyle"?), my university studies, my fur babies, my faith, about me and most of all my family. I like to think that my blog could be something someone out there could relate too, it's nothing to fancy or elaborate - everything I post comes straight from the heart.



Why do you write or create what you do?
I don't really consider myself anything special, like a "writer" or "creator". I literally just write about what's important to me, what I love and what I want to look back on years from now. The only kind of books I really like is ones which have a "real life" element to it, or biographies, so obsessing over blogs was just the next step! I fell in love reading about others lives (as creepy as that sounds) and I thought it was a wonderful way to keep an online, live journal; with photos and videos. What could be better then looking back on this in 10, 20 years time?


How does your writing process work?
***Only just now, as I read this question, I realise this is very similar to "My Writing Process" the other day, so I hope I have not bored you or repeated myself too much!***
It either comes gradually, by writing an idea in a note on my phone or editing a post every few days over a week. Or sometimes I will just sit down an write something out in one hit! I write when I have time to contemplate and time to give to the blog, I don't like rushing posts. I've really enjoyed reading other posts just like this, and I think I will get a little notebook to record all my goals and ideas in as well.


If you would like to see more posts like this, click on the links below to check out these ladies.

Sabra @ Becoming A Gilbert || Mandy @ Mandy Living Life || Samantha @ Moving Peaces

No comments:

Post a Comment