Tuesday 16 September 2014

"Most people don't know this but..."

First up, I thought I would mention that I am linking up with the "Blog-tember Challenge". I was over on Rachel's blog today and I noticed that she had started this too. Thank you for showing me this! What a great idea for daily prompts. Likewise, I too had been feeling a bit "flat" and unsure of what to post (other then about my family weekend). Sometimes it's hard to think of things that will be of interest to a variety of different people reading it, not just "this is what I did...". So here's to the Blog-tember challenge. I am unsure if I will be posting something everyday, however, I will try to choose ones that I feel I can answer honestly, while also keeping your interests in mind!

***
So to start with, here is something you might not know about me. Everyone loves knowing about personal information, so why not share some with all of you. 

You may have read before that I love studying to be a teacher. Well that was not always the case. I never actually wanted to be a teacher. NO WAY. I was so 100% on my decision. No one could talk me out of it. You see, my Mother was a teacher and I was always in LOVE with babies (I would hold, cuddle and look after one any time I could), so people were forever saying to me "oh I know what you will do", "You should be a teacher" etc. Yuck. I could think of nothing worse.

I wasn't a massive fan of school, an the thought of going there everyday to teach a bunch of kids who don't want to be there? Yeah no thanks.

It wasn't until I was working in a call centre full time (boooooorrrriiiiiiinnngggg) and I thought, I can't do this my whole life. So I started looking around for other jobs. The only one I could really find that was close to home, and I might in enjoy was a Traineeship in Childcare, basically learning on the job about ages 0-5. Out of 400 other applicants myself and 6 others were granted positions in a range of council run long Day Care centres.

Well, I FELL IN LOVE. For the first time I loved going to work. I would stay late and get there early just because I loved it and want to be there all the time. It was throughout those 12 months that I thought I need to do this for the rest of my life. I honestly could no longer imagine myself doing anything else! So I wanted to be a teacher in Early Childhood, although the only course available was Early Childhood and Primary (birth-12 years).



Although my heart still lies in Early Childhood, I have a huge love for Primary school now too. I am so, so passionate about my studies and I actually really love learning about every aspect of it (maybe I don't love every assignment though).

This month marks 12 months until I finish and am finally a fully qualified Early Childhood and Primary teacher. I have loved every second of my degree and I cannot WAIT to get out their and help teach the next generation!

***

Blog-tember Challenge


If you are linking up with the challenge please comment below! I'd love to read!


2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. There's something about seeing those little faces light up when they learn something new. I love when you finally find what you want to do for the rest of your life. I feel like this as a stay-at-home mum. And lets be honest, it's not work when you enjoy it! So glad you are joining in on this too! Can't wait to come back and read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny to look back and see things in yourself? I tried escaping my parents' career paths as well but realized in the end that it wasn't their career, but it was mine. If you love doing it, it's worth overcoming that and going for it. So glad to hear that you did!

    ReplyDelete