Friday 7 November 2014

Creative Cooking: Almond and Coconut Chocolate

 I have a serve addition to chocolate (okay so maybe not thaaaat bad). But bad enough that I feel like I "need" it almost everyday (alright yes it's bad). I hate to think how much all the "cheap $2 blocks" have added up every time I do the weekly shop. Plus not to mention all the sugar I am consuming, when I am trying to cut it out. Even though I buy the darkest kind, it's still not that great for me or for my wallet. So I decided to bite the bullet (or chocolate) and make some of my own. 


WHY HAVE I NOT DONE THIS SOONER!!?? So easy. SO yummy. And not to mention healthier (yes, healthy chocolate). And I get a whole container rather then just a block! As you a probably aware by my other "creative cooking" posts, I am a bit of a trial and error type cooker/baker. So the ingredients below may not be exact and you may have to add less/more of some to get it to taste how you like. But trust me, you will find the perfect combination and never turn back.


Almond and Coconut Chocolate

Ingredients

  • 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
  • 3 table spoons of honey (or Rice Malt Syrup)
  • 2 table spoons of cacao
  •  Handful of roughly chopped almonds
  • 2 table spoons of coconut (less or more depending on how much you like it!)

Method


  • Heat all ingredients in saucepan and stir until combined
  • Pour into tray lined with baking paper
  • Leave to cool for 1-2 mins
  • Sprinkle on a handful of roughly chopped almonds, coconut (I even put on some oats too)
  • Put in the freezer for about 30 mins or until firm
  • Take out and leave on bench until soft enough to chop up (took about 5 mins)
  • Store in fridge!
And try not to eat it all at once! (this is the hardest part of the recipe ;) )


No comments:

Post a Comment