Thursday 6 November 2014

Three Things: Guest Blogger!

Today's "Three Things" post will be from a lovely guest blogger, Bijee! Make sure you check out her blog too!


*****   

Bijee (a.k.a “B”) is an outgoing and determined young woman trying to be the person that she can be. Her greatest blessing is her friends and family, which consists of her husband and two children. She doesn’t take lightly to being a good wife, mother, daughter, and friend. The ultimate goal is to be a role model to her children and a good woman to her longtime best friend and husband. She strives to show her daughter what a good woman looks like and to model what her son should be looking for when the time comes. This attitude and approach is outlined and guided by Titus 2 and Proverbs 31. You can find her at The Reflections of a Good Woman where she blogs about Faith, Family, Friendship and balancing life. 

 3 Things I Am WorkingToward 

The entire premise of The Reflections of a Good Woman is about defining our good as women and the lifetime journey to being Good and learning through the lessons life hands us. The definition of Good is something that lies within and that is not the same for any two of us,.  Although different we are all GOOD

I am fearfully and wonderfully made (Pslam 139:14)

So today, I want to share with you ThreeThings I am Working Toward in my quest to continually "define MY good". 

1. Parenting

One of the things that I am very open about and always willing to share are my struggles in parenting (well everything to my husband's disdain) but really my parenting because I feel like as mom's who struggle, we often times live in a silent personal hell because of all the depictions of what a good mother is that we may not live up to. Parenting, it's hard for me and there is no other way for me to say it. Being a wife, I can do that all day and with a smile (probably because my husband is so awesome, but this post is not to gloat on my husband although I do it every chance i get) but in parenting I find myself asking God was he sure about this when he thought I could do it. I love my children, I take very good care of them, they are always fed, clean and dressed nice. They have a roof that happens to cover a nice and cozy home, warm beds, and all that, but I find it hard often times to connect with them. Sometimes sitting with my daughter, who is now a tween (God help me!), can be so awkward for me. While she wants to talk every moment she is woke and be doing some thing for it to count as quality time, I feel that if we are sitting together and in the same space, saying absolutely nothing, that is quality time. Top it off with the fact that she has an opinion and she is never afraid or reluctant to share it, even to tell me where she feels I fall short as a mom. My son just drives me nuts! Right on the verge of terrible twos, a ball full of busy, whinny without a cause and the epitome of an anti-sleep human being, I find myself frustrated trying to care for him often. With that said this is one of the areas I find myself in prayer about often. The area that I am praying for my greatest break through because I truly desire to be a good mom. A mom that they both look back on when they get older and says "She did her best, and she is the reason for me knowing I was loved and what I am truly worth". But I have a ways to go! So I am constantly working at being a better mom in my quest to be an overall better person! 

2. Thankfulness

I recently went through a period of being a real Debbie Downer, and i think i realized it one day in the middle of hearing myself speak and complain. In that same time, I started seeing more and more things around me about gratefulness and finding joy even in the valleys. I became intentional about trying to start every day on a positive note. I mean that was a start right? I didn't say the day ended that way, but baby steps people! From there I started to see a difference in the positivity, I was stumbling across scriptures, and quotes and blog posts written by others, that would speak of giving thanks and when I would reflect on them it would really resonate with me (otherwise known as conviction). This past month for the Write 31 days challenge, I decided to do 31 days of thankfullness where I find three things in every day that I am thankful for, no matter how big or small. Since doing that, I find that even the bad days are good. It is truly a journey well worth taking. I find myself encouraging my husband when he has thoughts that could have a positive spin placed on them and provide an opportunity to be thankful. Its a work in progress, but I am loving the journey. It feels really good! 

3. Trusting God

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Prov. 3:5&6 This is what God wants us to do and if you are like me, it can be really hard. I find myself being nudged, and if I am plainly honest with you (and me) I have the audacity to tell God "No", or "not right now". With that said and knowing that God has a perfect plan for my life, why would I give that response? Lacking trust and faith is all I can attribute it to. So with that said, I am working really hard to not only tell God yes, but to move when he tells me to move, and to sit still when he tells me to sit (and that is the hard part). My overall journey is to constantly be working to be a better person than I was the day before. To continually be pushing at becoming someone I never imagined I could be. At the present, these are the three things I am intentionally working toward and making strides for change. 


Moment of Reflection: What are some things that you are working toward? How are you trying to be better and define your good?

Be blessed,
bijee




****

This post is part of  "Guest Post Monthly Link Up" series, hosted by the lovely Kendra from Open Spaces. If you would like to join in next month, fill out the form below and get ready to feel the love! Be sure to use the hastag #guestpostswaplove when sharing on social media!

Join in for the December Swap by filloing out this form.


No comments:

Post a Comment