Friday 12 December 2014

12 Days of an Aussie Osborn Christmas

  

I have never been one to go over-board or Christmas crazy. I mean, as a kid I loved the presents (who doesn't!?), but my childhood home was never over-dosed on Christmas. But for some reason I am really drawn to that and have wanted to get further into the Christmas Spirit for a few years. This year I finally had the time (and a few extra $$$) to do so! Plus I got my craft on like usual. 

So I thought I would bring to you, 12 Days of an AUSSIE OSBORN Christmas. Basically a very budget friendly way to keep the wonderful Christmas spirit in your home leading up to the 25th. These things have not taken me long to do, or don't cost a lot of money (which is great when your on a student budget). But they also ensure that you are keeping that focus on all the wonderful, happy, loving and Christ-like feelings that Christmas is really all about :)

I believe that the Christmas spirit can be, and IS, shared by everyone, whether they are religious or not. I love this quote by President Thomas S. Monson: "True love is a reflection of the Saviours love. In the December of each year we call it the Christmas Spirit. You can hear it. You can see it. You can feel it." When you are rushing through the shopping centre trying to get past all those people, in reality everyone is doing the same. Buying gifts for others, either family or friends. To show their love to others. You see small acts of kindness everywhere you go, I truly believe people get nicer this time each year. The Christmas spirit is all around us, you can SEE it, you can HEAR it and you can FEEL it. The first to show us this wonderful example of a giving spirit is the Saviour. And if you let it, you can see his love emulate from people each and everyday.
Each day I also hope to share with you a small spiritual thought or video that will help centre your thoughts on the Saviour, who gave us this day to celebrate.

Check back tomorrow for DAY ONE of the Aussie Osborn Christmas Countdown, I can't wait to share with you what I've got!


No comments:

Post a Comment