Sunday 19 October 2014

Creative Cooking | Benn's Vanilla Cookies

So Benn has been bugging me for weeks to make some plain vanilla cookies (booooriiinngg). I am a little bit of a chocolate lover and if I'm going to spend hours baking cookies, I'm going to make what I want right? But I thought I should try to extend more kindness to my husband and what better way then through his stomach. I was in a rush so I made up the most simplest recipe that I could think of, but let me tell you, do not try this if you are on a diet or wish to stay away from sugar in any way. I've been a little naughty eating some of the cookie dough but NO MORE. I've been experimenting with a few "no sugar" recipes, so hopefully I can master one and share it with you all soon. 


I reckon these taste like a really sweet version of shortbread cookies. I have never made shortbread and i don't even know the recipe, but that's just what I thought when I ate one (okay maybe it was 3....). ALSO, this recipe is for 2 batches. So keep that in mind if you don't want too many...

Benn's Vanilla Cookies

Ingredients

  • 3 cups of self-raising flour
  • 1 1/4 cups of white sugar
  • 2 cups of dessicated coconut
  • 500 grams of melted butter
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
  • 1 egg

Method

  • Melt the butter and mix through the sugar until dissolved, leave to cool
  • Add the vanilla essence and egg
  • Add the flour and coconut
  • Stir through until ingredients are mixed completely
  • Use hands to roll into small balls
  • Place on baking tray and bake for 17-20 minutes at 150 degrees
  • Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 mins before placing on cooling rack
  • Enjoy! (but don't eat too many or you may feel a little sick like I did...)

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment