Thursday 30 October 2014

Three Things: My Childhood

I have been wanting to create a little series on my blog lately so you can slowly get to know a little bit more about me and so I can make sure I never forget something’s about myself (cause that’s what blogging is all about right?). I love knowing random facts about other people and sometimes it's great to have a short post with a few little "things" about the blogger. I’m not sure how long it will run for or if it might just stick around forever, but I have enough up my sleeve for a couple of weeks, so I hope you enjoy learning a few of my little thoughts, feelings, experiences and maybe even some secrets thrown in if your lucky ;) So welcome to the first post! Make sure you come back next Thursday to find out more :)


Three Things I remember from childhood 

1. Living next door to my best friend. 


                I was so blessed to have such a wonderful childhood, I mean, what can be better living next door to your best friend. Oh yeah, living on THE SAME BLOCK. Her house was down the front, mine was up the back. Every afternoon (and most mornings) we would hang out. It was so much fun. We did basically everything together and shared everything too. Sleepovers in the middle of the week? Why not (yes on a school nights!!). We both had birds (who lived in the same cage, she had a ferret, I had rabbits, we both had mice, I had a trampoline, but we were aloud to stay up later at hers ;). We would make theme parks for our animals and always remember to celebrate their birthdays. We would go down to the lake to swim almost every afternoon or weekend. Ride our bikes to the local shops. Go on big walks around the lake and end up walking along the rocks around the point. We were the best of friends who had the best of fun together. We totally even buried a box with trinkets, letters to ourselves and letters to each other back when we were 10, which we still need to dig up actually (I really hope it’s still there)!! Even though we have different grown up lives now and only see each other from time to time, I will forever cherish the days lived on Beach Rd. 

Me holding "Smudge" and Grace holding "Crumb" - Our Mice.
I know these photos are a little blurry and off centre, but I
have always love them for some reason!



2. Making up dances and putting on a show

                 I’m pretty sure at least every weekend myself and a friend (mostly Grace) and I would make up dances. Either in my garage or her lounge room, then once we were “ready” we would have a dress rehearsal and then get her Dad to film us (on one of those old video cameras with video tapes, am I really that old!!??). If you were lucky enough, you probably even got some singing involved (let’s be honest, there always was). Our musical numbers were always supported by the classics of our 90s time; The Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Aqua, Venga Boys and probably heaps more.



3. Picking Mulberries.

                We had the BEST mulberry tree out the front of our house growing up. We used to pick buckets of mulberries every chance we could and eat them by the handful. If our mothers were lucky we would save some for mulberry pie or even just for our own mulberry war (sorry about the stains Mum). There was even a tree house built in the tree next to it, so you could get all the way up to the top! You know you have the best mulberry tree when constantly find everyone from your neighbourhood bringing buckets to make their own goodies.


No comments:

Post a Comment