Thursday 9 October 2014

Have an Attitude of Gratitude

In the recent months, it has become more and more important to me to 
have
an Attitude of Gratitude

 



My church holds a "General Conference" every 6 months and there was one inspiring talk in April of this year, which really touched my heart and has stuck in the back of my mind; President Dieter F Uchtdorf's "Grateful in any circumstances".


It is so easy to become caught up in all of life's challenges, obstacles and just day-to-day things to do that we can become complacent and look over all of those things we should and need to be grateful for. Now more then ever do we need to be grateful. With all the commotion and disastrous wars happening it truly breaks my heart to think of what others around the world, especially in those places, must be going through. It really makes you take a step back and cease complaining about those daily mundane things, that each one of us may want or not want. Below I have listed just a very few of the things in this world to be grateful for, there are hundreds even millions more.
  

Be grateful you have people to love.

Be grateful you have people who love you.

Be grateful that you have an education.

Be grateful you have food to eat, not matter what kind.

Be grateful for your body and all that it is capable of.

Be grateful for those times that were hard, that made you who you are.

Be grateful for your faith and your right to religion.

Be grateful for your safety each night as you fall asleep.

Be grateful for your job or the ability to make ends meet without one.

Be grateful for your free agency, the right to choose how you wish to live.

Be grateful for your house, a warm bed, a car to drive you to places (or public transport).

Be grateful for the ability to read, write, relax, exercise, sing, dance - anything to your hearts content.


Furthermore, developing an attitude of gratefulness, no matter what crosses your path, will help us accentuate the positive and eliminate the negativity in our lives. Once you begin to see all that you have to be grateful for, your attitude begins to change. You outlook on life becomes more positive and you can see all of the good in store for you, even if sometimes it may look like the "bad". I know that for me, ever since April of this year I have tried hard to show gratefulness in any circumstance. Don't worry, I am not perfect and I still find myself complaining and wishing for different things sometimes. However, with the simple thought "have an attiude of gratitude" in the back of my mind at all times (and stuck on my mirror), helps me to become more reflective of my circumstances and radiate happiness no matter what (even if it might be after the unwanted event has occured).

 

Life is so precious and we need to ensure to live a life of happiness. I believe the biggest key to accomplishing this, is to have an Attitude of Gratitude.




Now, I would like to extend a challenge upon all of you (myself included), to begin each day with gratitude. To ensure you get the full experience I challenge you to write down 3 things each morning you are grateful for - for a whole month. However, you cannot repeat any throughout the month!! I promise you that if you do this, your attitude will begin to change and you will see all of the wonderful blessings you have in this life.


No comments:

Post a Comment