Thursday 23 October 2014

My Fire.

I ave been invited to be apart of a series called #fireworkpeople and we have been asked to write a post about our big dreams and how we wish to change the world. If you are a blogger and haven't heard of fireworkpeople, then you need to! Such an amazing bunch of inspirational women who I am so grateful for. Always encouraging and uplifting each other and working together en ensure we can also give a little bit of light into this world. If you would like to read some of our posts, then head over to Ashley's page where she has linked us all up :)


I hope I can live up to the standard they have set! So here goes..

MY BIG DREAM.

Personally: I want to really love who I am and to grow as a person so I can be the best version of myself (cheesy).

Family: I dream of having a big happy family (double cheese). All I have ever wanted is to be a Mother, to raise my children in a home of happiness and love, and more recently a home of faith. If I do nothing else but this in my life, I will still be the happiest women ever.

Professionally: After finishing my degree (11 months left guys!!!) and working for a few years (Then Benn o do that as well (he is finished in 3). We would love to open our own childcare centre, along with a small homeschooling facility. I guess that is like the 10 year plan. Both of us being able to work from home doing what we love; teaching younger children whilst doing the same to our own.

HOW I WANT TO CHANGE THE WORLD.

I really feel like as a teacher I have the power to make many small changes within the world and therefore a ripple effect of change begins throughout the world. The impact that teachers have on young peoples' lives is so powerful and significant. 6 hours a day, 5 days a week, 40 weeks of the year and then constantly seeing those children throughout the school over the course of 7 years - that is alot of face time.  I have the power to be a child's biggest support or worst enemy, the power to help them love learning or hate it, to have hopes for their future or to dash any dreams. I take on full responsibility for that and I really hope that I can influence all my students for the better, to be the best they can be and to have high hopes for their future. By doing this, I can help to change their lives and their world. For anyone else who is thinking about or currently studying to be a teacher, or maybe you already are one I highly recommend this short clip by Ria Pierson: Every Kid Needs A Champion. She speaks on the importance of relationships that you have with your students and for me, that is something that really rings true to my heart and I feel that is of greatest importance in the classroom. I have always loved children, hence wanting to have a large family of my own one day, so I can see no better career for myself then to help teach and raise the next generation. 


MY ENCOURAGEMENT TO OTHERS.

My encouragement to others would be to do what you love. If you don't know what that is then keep searching and praying until you do. Find your passion and use this to the best of your ability to reach out to others, even if it is just to encourage them to find their own passion. I was never a massive lover of school, so I find it strange that I love studying at university so much. But it is so different when you do what you love.When your whole heart and soul is put into something, you are bound to make an imprint on the world in some shape or form.



If you would like to know more about #fireworkpeople, click on the links above, comment here or send me an email! We would LOVE for you to be apart of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment